Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Librarians are here to help you with research! This is called reference assistance.
We can help you:
- Develop a topic for your paper or project
- Use databases
- Find scholarly sources
- Become an expert Google searcher
- Evaluate sources for credibility, including websites
- Show you tips to make your research more efficient & effective
The Franco Library offers reference assistance in a variety of platforms:
- In person at the Franco Library, by appointment or on-demand
- Virtual research consultations by appointment
- Ask a Librarian email
- Ask a Librarian chat box embedded throughout our research guides
- By phone at 610-796-8223
Personal Research Consultations
Students can schedule in-person or virtual research consultations with Alvernia's librarians.
Contact a librarian at 610.796.8223 or email us to set up an appointment.
Please provide the following information:
- Your name
- Phone number or e-mail address
- Course name and number
- A brief description of the assignment
- Your preferred method of contact (i.e. in person, by phone, by e-mail)
- List several convenient times to meet
After submitting this information you will be contacted by a librarian to schedule your session.