Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
So what can LIBRARIANS do for YOU?
We can help you to:
- Develop a topic for your paper or project
- Use databases
- Find high quality sources for your research
- Become an expert Google searcher
- Evaluate sources for credibility, including websites
- Save you time & energy by showing you tips to make your research more efficient & effective
The Franco Library offers reference and research assistance in a variety of platforms:
- In person at the Franco Library's Ask a Librarian Help Desk
- Research consultations by appointment, in-person or over Zoom
- Ask a Librarian email
- Ask a Librarian chat box embedded throughout our research guides
Personal Research Consultations
Students can schedule in-person or Zoom research consultations with Alvernia's librarians. They can help you develop personalized research strategies for your topic.
Contact a librarian at 610.796.5517 or email us to set up an appointment.
Please provide the following information:
- Your name
- Phone number and e-mail address
- Course name and number
- A brief description of the assignment
- Your preferred method of contact (i.e. in person, by phone, by e-mail)
- List several convenient times to meet
After submitting this information you will be contacted by a librarian who will work with you during one or more sessions as you conduct your research.