Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Where to Search
Finding Research Articles That Refer to a Nursing Theory
Health EBSCOhost Databases
- set limits to scholarly articles
- use the following search terms:
(nursing models OR nursing theor*) AND (quantitative OR qualitative)
- narrow the search by adding a search term
- the name of a theorist -- such as Henderson
- the name of a theory -- such as Orem self-care model
- an area of interest -- such as end-of-life
- Click on the CINAHL headings above the search box
- browse for Nursing Models, Theoretical
- click on the hyperlink Nursing Models, Theoretical
- check the box of the model of interest
- Click the green Search Database button on the upper right
- add (quantitative OR qualitative) to your search
- click search
How to Request an Article
Can't find the full text of an article you need?
Use our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service to request materials. Before requesting an article, check the Journal Finder search to make sure the library does not own or have electronic access to the journal you need. Simply type in the journal title and search!
Need help? Ask a Librarian!
Ask a Librarian Chat