Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books are assigned subject heading that indicate what a book is about. You can do a subject search by entering a a designated subject term, and limiting your search to the subject field. A subject search retrieves only books that are assigned the subject terms searched.
Examples of subject terms that may be useful for finding books related to Franciscan topics include:
- Bonaventure, Saint, Cardinal, ca. 1217-1274.
- Clare, of Assisi, Saint, 1194-1253.
- Francis, of Assisi, Saint, 1182-1226.
- Franciscans -- Biography.
- Franciscans -- History.
- Franciscans -- Spiritual life.
- Franciscans -- Theology.
- Giles, of Assisi, d. 1262.
- Third Order Regular of St. Francis
- a Franciscan term of interest (Bonaventure, St. Clare, Franciscans, etc)
- a term about the aspect of interest
- add synonyms or related terms, connect them with OR, and enclose terms connected with OR in parenthesis
Franciscans AND (environment* OR ecolog* OR creation)
St. Clare AND (theolog* OR spiritual*)